In a comprehensive physical education program in which all students participate 3-4 times/week, Waterside students are exposed to a wide variety of sports and athletic activities. In addition to regular Physical Education classes, Waterside also offers a range of additional opportunities for students to continue developing their athletic abilities. These include:
- Swimming lessons each year at the Greenwich Family Y for all students, grades K-5 (Kindergarten and 1st Grade receive 6 lessons per year, Grades 2-5 receive 8 lessons per year)
- Soccer Club for grades 2-3 (fall season)
- Basketball Team for grades 4-5 (winter season)
- Soccer Team for grades 4-5 (fall season)
- Waterside Ballet Company for grades 3-5 (year long)
- Clinics in lacrosse, field hockey and squash
Under the auspices of the American Ballet Theater’s education and outreach initiative, Waterside is a long-standing participant in the award-winning Make a Ballet program. This is a model program which introduces students not only to basic ballet technique and training, but to all aspects of the creative theatrical experience. It culminates each year with students performing on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center.